Level 3 French
Thursday mornings from 10:00am until 12:00 midday
6 rue de Cleumeur (between Claire Coiffure and the Kerbian Farm shop)
The first lesson will be on Thursday, October 6.
Because of restrictions placed on meetings and public venues during the Covid epidemic, levels 1 and 2 were combined into one group. This combined group will stay together (as levels 2 and 3) for the year beginning in October 2022. Separate groups for levels 1, 2 and 3 will be reinstated for the year beginning September 2023.
If you are in doubt, please contact Dina to discuss the right level for you.
Level 3 is meant for people who:
· can speak and write about their everyday activity and various aspects of their lives, what they are doing at the moment and what they are going to do in the future
· can share simple conversations with French speakers about the weather, their health, their habits, their plans and their needs and preferences.
Topics covered in level 3
· Revision of what was covered in level 2 (present tense, near future, etc…)
· Development of improved spoken and written communication skills
· Further study of French grammar - the present tense and introduction to the main French past tense, the passé composé.
· Further development of skills in speaking, writing and listening
· Introduction of more advanced vocabulary and French expressions
By the end of the year, those who have attended the course regularly should be able to speak and write about what they do, are doing, going to do, have done and did before . They will be more confident in conversing with French people.